Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Favorite Writing Websites


Figment is the perfect site for writers of all ages. Post your writings for reviews and comments, read other people’s work, and join groups based on your interests. There are also frequent contests hosted by published authors. Figment’s claim to fame is the cell phone novel, because the site allows you to update your writing anytime from your mobile. You can check out my Figment profile here.


This site will always have a special place in my heart because Teen Ink Magazine was the first place to ever publish me. With many writing websites, it’s easy to feel like you are just sending your work out into the abyss, where the chances of anyone reading it are slim unless you already have a network of followers. But Teen Ink has a team of editors that read the websites submissions and choose works to be published in their nationwide magazine. My Teen Ink Profile.


Although I’ve just started to explore this site, I have found writingforums.org to be the most active writing forum on the web. One of the most important writing practices is learning how to criticize other’s work, while accepting criticize on your own, and this forum offers workshops for just that. There are also threads for just about every other aspect of creating, from research to publishing. Come be my friend.


A short list of my favorite writing-themed tumblrs:
Prompt Snaps

No comments:

Post a Comment